Calling FSBOs

Hey, (Agent Name) from Keller Williams Realty, Is this the owner of the property on (Address)?

Ok. Well, thank you so much for taking my call. Is your home still available for sale?

Great. Since I work with a lot of buyers I was calling to get some information about your home. (pause)
  1. Have you done any changes or made any upgrades to your home since you purchased it? (WFA) Are those written down so I could have them to present?
  2. Do you have a property disclosure that I can review?
  3. What is the age and condition of the appliances? Gas or electric?
  4. Are there any maintenance items still needed?
  5. So, if one of my buyers wanted to purchase your home and close within the next 30-60 days would that be a problem?
  6. If I were to bring a buyer to you..that would purchase the house at YOUR PRICE and close around YOUR SCHEDULE and this buyer has no home contingencies or appraisal issues. And I was able to get your check at closing to be 10-15% higher than what you are able to get if you sell it yourself, is there is a reason why you wouldn't list with me? (WFA)
Appointment (If Not ready to list): Excellent! I very well might but I need to see the property first because part of my job is to PREVIEW PROPERTIES FIRST so I don’t waste their time showing them properties that don’t fit what they are looking for, especially my clients on tight timelines.

Appointment (If ready to list)I’m going to be in your area today at (TIME) and again tomorrow at (TIME). Which would be better for you?

FSBO: “Do You Have A Buyer?”
I very well might but I need to see the property first because part of my job is to PREVIEW PROPERTIES FIRST so I don’t waste their time showing them properties that don’t fit what they are looking for, especially my clients on tight timelines.
  • So, how soon were you looking to close on your home?
  • If they were to purchase your home, where are you moving next?
  • (Go back to initial questions)

FSBO: “We’re not working with any real estate  agents”
Laugh…I can appreciate that. I don’t blame you because if I didn’t have a license, I’d do the same as you. It makes perfect sense to me. But let me ask you a really quick question…
If I were to bring a buyer to you..that would purchase the house at YOUR PRICE and close around YOUR SCHEDULE and this buyer has no home contingencies or appraisal issues. Basically, this is the buyer you have been hoping for. But, more importantly, the check I hand you at closing is the same, if not 10-15% more than you are able to get selling it yourself, then why wouldn’t you list it with me?

Appointment: Excellent! I very well might but I need to see the property first because part of my job is to PREVIEW PROPERTIES FIRST so I don’t waste their time showing them properties that don’t fit what they are looking for, especially my clients on tight timelines.

I’m going to be in your area today at (TIME) and again tomorrow at (TIME). Which would be better for you?

FSBO: “If you can do that then I would list it with  you.”
Excellent! I’m going to be in the area today at (TIME) and again tomorrow at (TIME). Which would be better for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment